- Ieuan Evans "Unravelling the Mysteries of Migration" 5th April 2017
- James Ferguson-Lees 1929-2017
- Wiltshire Recorders' Forum 22nd February 2017
- Bird Ringing Demonstration at Swindon STW on 18th December
- Ringing in Ravensroost Woods Saturday 12th November
- Cumberwell Park 21st October 2016
- Chris Packham petition
- CANCELLED Wiltshire Wildlife Trust 20th August Festival of Flight
- Bird Ringing Demonstration 14th August Swindon STW
- Hen Harrier Day Sunday 7th August 2016
A to Z
Grid reference: ST9331
The lake was created by damming a tributary of the river Nadder. It is in the grounds of what was once Fonthill Abbey, built by the 18th century eccentric, William Beckford.
Various rarities have been recorded here. The usual waterfowl include Mandarin Duck, Mallard, Tufted Ducks, Pochard, Coot, Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe. Also woodland species such as Chiffchaff, Robin, Chaffinch Nutchatch, Treecreeper.
Information about WOS
Wiltshire Ornithological Society was formed on November 30th, 1974, and has grown in recent years to more than 500 members.
Our mission is to encourage and pursue the study, recording and conservation of birds in Wiltshire