- Ieuan Evans "Unravelling the Mysteries of Migration" 5th April 2017
- James Ferguson-Lees 1929-2017
- Wiltshire Recorders' Forum 22nd February 2017
- Bird Ringing Demonstration at Swindon STW on 18th December
- Ringing in Ravensroost Woods Saturday 12th November
- Cumberwell Park 21st October 2016
- Chris Packham petition
- CANCELLED Wiltshire Wildlife Trust 20th August Festival of Flight
- Bird Ringing Demonstration 14th August Swindon STW
- Hen Harrier Day Sunday 7th August 2016
A to Z
Grid reference: SU2179
This ancient fortification lies between Swindon and the Marlborough Downs and can be seen from the M4. From the M4, head south towards Marlborough. Just as you leave the village of Chiseldon turn left at SU193794 and park at SU218804. Follow the footpath south-west up to the castle and then explore the whole area. This area is good from July onwards for Redstarts, Wheatears and Yellow Wagtails but is best known locally as THE place to see Ring Ousels. Tree Pipits are often heard flying over and there is also a very healthy population of Yellowhammers, Linnets and a few Corn Buntings.
Information about WOS
Wiltshire Ornithological Society was formed on November 30th, 1974, and has grown in recent years to more than 500 members.
Our mission is to encourage and pursue the study, recording and conservation of birds in Wiltshire