- Ieuan Evans "Unravelling the Mysteries of Migration" 5th April 2017
- James Ferguson-Lees 1929-2017
- Wiltshire Recorders' Forum 22nd February 2017
- Bird Ringing Demonstration at Swindon STW on 18th December
- Ringing in Ravensroost Woods Saturday 12th November
- Cumberwell Park 21st October 2016
- Chris Packham petition
- CANCELLED Wiltshire Wildlife Trust 20th August Festival of Flight
- Bird Ringing Demonstration 14th August Swindon STW
- Hen Harrier Day Sunday 7th August 2016
A to Z
Webb's Wood has been managed as a commercial woodland by the Forestry Commission for decades but has a wide variety of habitats within its boundaries. There are large areas of broadleaved woodland, blocks of conifer and wide open areas where the trees have been felled. There are dry areas and boggy wet areas. The FC's plan is to return the entire site to native British woodland species as the commercial crops are harvested. It is a large area and holds a wide and interesting variety of birds at all times of the year. Paths are well defined through the wood but can get extremely muddy in places. It is an interesting site that promises to get better as the FC develop their plans. Grid Ref: SU045855.
Information about WOS
Wiltshire Ornithological Society was formed on November 30th, 1974, and has grown in recent years to more than 500 members.
Our mission is to encourage and pursue the study, recording and conservation of birds in Wiltshire